Hi there fellas. Today i am going to list 20 python libraries which have been a part of my toolbelt and should be a part of yours as well. So here they are:
1. Requests. The most famous http library written by kenneth reitz. It’s a must have for every python developer.
2. Scrapy. If you are involved in webscraping then this is a must have library for you. After using this library you won’t use any other.
3. wxPython. A gui toolkit for python. I have primarily used it in place of tkinter. You will really love it.
4. Pillow. A friendly fork of (Python Imaging Library). It is more user friendly than PIL and is a must have for anyone who works with images.
5. SQLAlchemy. A database library. Many love it and many hate it. The choice is yours.
6. BeautifulSoup. I know it’s slow but this xml and html parsing library is very useful for beginners.
7. Twisted. The most important tool for any ication developer. It has a very beautiful api and is used by a lot of famous python developers.
8. NumPy. How can we leave this very important library ? It provides some advance math functionalities to python.
9. SciPy. When we talk about NumPy then we have to talk about scipy. It is a library of algorithms and mathematical tools for python and has caused many scientists to switch from ruby to python.
10. matplotlib. A numerical plotting library. It is very useful for any data scientist or any data analyzer.
11. Pygame. Which developer does not like to play games and develop them ? This library will help you achieve your goal of 2d game development.
13. pyQT. A GUI toolkit for python. It is my second choice after wxpython for developing GUI’s for my python scripts.
14. pyGtk. Another python GUI library. It is the same library in which the famous Bittorrent client is created.
15. Scapy. A packet for python made in python.
16. pywin32. A python library which provides some useful methods and classes for interacting with windows.
17. nltk. Natural Language Toolkit – I realize most people won’t be using this one, but it’s generic enough. It is a very useful library if you want to manipulate strings. But it’s capacity is beyond that. Do check it out.
18. nose. A testing framework for python. It is used by millions of python developers. It is a must have if you do test driven development.
19. SymPy. SymPy can do , differentiation, expansion, complex numbers, etc. It is contained in a pure Python distribution.
20. IPython. I just can’t stress enough how useful this tool is. It is a python prompt on steroids. It has completion, history, shell capabilities, and a lot more. Make sure that you take a look at it.
I hope you liked today’s post. Do share your views in the comments below and if you think that i have missed an important library which should be listed up there post it in the comments and i will add it. Stay tuned for the next post.